UTM Campus Life : A New Experience

After almost six months of my university life in my own country, I decided to change my course of higher education. After a lot of thinking and research, finally I made up my mind to continue my bachelor degree in Computer Science (Software Engineering) in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM).

I applied online to the university through an agency and a few days later my offer letter arrived. So then I got busy arranging all my necessary documents, packing up my luggage and opening bank account for transferring my tuition fees. Finally the day arrived when I had to leave my country, family, friends and well-wishers to start a new journey of my life. I was excited and a bit nervous at the same time, as I had no idea about what was waiting for me in the upcoming days.

Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) is a highly-ranked public university in Malaysia and the second largest university campus in the country, which is located in Skudai,Johor. Due to its outstanding natural beauty, it has become one of the most attractive tourist spots in Malaysia. The moment I entered through the gate of the university campus, I realized the fact in true sense. I was really very amazed to see such a lovely campus with its mesmerizing and eye-catching scenic beauty!


UTM main gate

An artificial garden in UTMSPACE main office buiding

KDSE,UTM

Beautiful roads of UTM in the evening

Student Recruitment and Admission Division (SRAD)


UTM Lake

Masjid Sultan Ismail

Stadium Azman Hashim


UTM Equine Park

Balai Cerap,UTM


After completing all the formal procedures of my registration, I managed to book a seat in Kolej Datin Seri Endon, a well-known on-campus residence of UTM. Shifting all my stuffs to my 'new home' was surely very hectic and tiring.

Days passed by and one day my family also left Malaysia. So finally my dorm-life began with a lot of new experiences, which I never imagined to have before. I got busy when my classes started and my daily routine changed.


Kolej Datin Seri Endon,UTM

I've learnt a lot of lessons in the past few months of my life, which I believe that will help me for the rest of my life. Some of them are -

1. Doing your own work makes you a better person physically, mentally and spiritually.

2. Success is not final;failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston S. Churchill).

3. Life is like a book. Some chapters are sad, some are happy and some are exciting. But if you never turn the page, you will never know what the next chapter has in store for you.

Gradually, I also had been observing a lot of positive changes in me, which were so much important for my life. I noticed that I am now a more responsible, organized, disciplined, hard-working and positive human being. I was so happy to see a 'new me'. I consider this as an achievement, which is bigger than any kind of academic success.

Adjusting with the local Malaysian food is one of the biggest challenges that many new-comers in Malaysia have to face. I also used to have problems in the first few days, as I badly missed my country's cuisine! But very soon I got habituated to it like all the other changes. I tried many tasty dishes of Malaysian, Indian and Indonesian cuisines like - Nasi Lemak, Nasi Goreng Ayam, Hyderabadi Biriyani, Soto Lontong and a lot more.













In  between my regular classes and exams, I could hardly manage time to visit any place outside my campus. But during weekends and holidays, I got the opportunity to explore some wonderful places like - Zoo Johor, Puteri Harbour, Desaru and many more.


Zoo Johor

Puteri Harbour

Desaru Beach

So far, my life in UTM has been really very favorable, enjoyable and educative. Keeping aside all the negative thoughts, I just want to hope for the best in the future days. Please keep me in your prayers!
























                        

















Comments

  1. NiceπŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck for your new life dear.... May Allah bless you...
    Stay Safe.❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good writing skill, want more like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good work done!
    Keep going friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well written with enough information
    Good luck with your career and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bah xoss to,kash amio jdi ei gula khaite partm,ghurte partm,onk sundr hoise,valo hard work kresoπŸ˜‡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy reading ur blog 😊 well done !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is different and dependable

    ReplyDelete
  9. good writing, good approach :) keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks 😊 for your excellently written story of your journey to UTM, Malaysia and life there. We can feel the beautiful campus of UTM through your lively description. We will be happy to have more of this kind of writing from you in future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great writing with necessary details inscribed properly and wish a very bright future there. Good Luck .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent writing ❤,keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best of luck for your new era. ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made me nostalgic. I still miss the beauty of UTM JB campus.

    By the way, good expression of experience, keep it up dear. All the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow wonderful...best of luck πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful experience������

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good work .. really appreciated πŸ’ͺ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicely written apu. Especially I pretty much admire your words of the second n third lessons that u've learnt. These lines are appreciable ❤
    Best of luck for your upcoming life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eat, Exercise and Explore : The 3 Keys to My Happy Life